for the love of fungi :: hunting, foraging, cultivation, images( mycoporn ), research, questions & general discussion
hunting, foraging, cultivation,
images ( mycoporn ), research,
questions & general discussion
Check out the following guide before submitting a post:
How to Make a Successful ID Request
In short, posts and comments
explicitly concerning :
will be removed.
I had fully colonised tubs which I left for a few months as it wasn't convenient for me to introduce fruiting conditions. The myc looks nice and healthy, I dunked in water for 12 hours then introduced fruiting conditions however it's been approaching three weeks I think now and no sign of anything changing at all. Everything still looks healthy, I'm making sure I do FAE every day and I'm making sure there is a decent level of moisture in the bags.
Did I leave them too long? I actually thought the longer the better. I live in a particularly cold country so temp is fluctuating a fair bit although I didn't have this experience last time, the only difference is how long I left them.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I got a lion's mane grow kit, and it looks like a bit of the mushroom underneath died and got covered in blue-green mold. I've picked the whole thing and got rid of the moldy piece and anything nearby with any blue on it. Would it be safe to eat or is it best to chuck the whole thing?
What are some of your favorite ways to cook king oyster mushroom? I could Google some but I really value a communities opinion.