Welcome to the largest community for Windows 11, Microsoft's latest computer operating system!
1. Keep the discussion related to Windows 11 Posts completely unrelated to Windows 11 will be removed. Just because something is compatible with Windows, doesn't mean this is the subreddit for it. Derailing conversations and threads is not allowed.
2. Flair posts correctly We are not extremely strict with what flair you pick, but if it's very wrong we will change it. If we select another flair, don't put the original one back. Not sure what flair to use? Read this list to help you decide.
3. Do not distribute malicious programs Do not purposely distribute viruses or other harmful programs or apps. Advising the use of pirated software (including piracy, activation tools, and bypasses to enable paid features) is prohibited. This also includes "grey market" and other activation keys from unauthorized resellers.
4. Do not post Blogspam links or URL shorteners Blogspam, URL shorteners, mobile links, and referral and affiliate links are not allowed. Post the full desktop link for articles and news.
5. Be civil and do not troll others Personal attacks, bigotry, fighting words, inappropriate behavior and comments that insult or demean a specific user or group of users are not allowed. Posts or comments containing or seeking any identifying personal information are also prohibited. Do not engage in blatant trolling or flaming.
6. Do not advertise a 3rd party software without permission If you want to promote an app or website, you must send us a modmail to request permission. Include as much relevant information as you can in both the modmail and the post. This is not a marketplace subreddit, selling anything is prohibited.
7. Do not promote pirated content or grey market keys Do not post pirated content or promote it in any way. Encouraging or hinting at the use of sellers of grey market keys is not allowed.
8. Titles must be relevant to the post Irrelevant, sensationalized, or vague titles that have the pure intent of misleading or dramatizing a topic are not allowed. The relevancy of submissions' titles will be judged at the moderator's discretion.
9. Do not submit reposts, low-effort posts or rants Reposts are not allowed. All posts and answers that can easily be found by searching this subreddit or by using a search engine will be removed at the moderators' discretion. Although we encourage healthy discussions, rants and low-effort posts that do not contribute positively to the subreddit are not allowed.
10. Only post memes and tech support posts on Mondays Memes and tech support posts are only allowed on Mondays (UTC timezone) and they will be removed any other day of the week. Not Monday yet? Read this list to find more appropriate subreddits for your post.
Need help with a post? Have a question about a removal? Let us know!
It's always when I turn on my computer or play a game. Please tell me what I can to do turn it off.
Hi there. I use the above setting to get a few different VR titles to perform at reasonable frame rates. It works very well, but resets to the disabled state after restarting my pc. Any advice? Im comfortable with regediting etc if needed, just can't find any documentation about this issue.
How do I bypass the screen or find my Bitlocker Key while the website doesn't work?
File/Windows Explorer is using 80 mb of RAM on idle when I it is not even open.
DWM is using 100mb RAM when it should be only using 50mb.
Also, only the task manager was open when I took that screenshot.
I also disabled the majority of useless background processes and telemetry.
Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
I'm planning on getting a windows laptop for someone and I'm just wondering if there's any differences between both?
Is there a filemanager specifically for wsl?
I know explorer can be used, but explorer shows all the non-wsl files too, and furthermore all the wsl ones are at the bottom in the left sidebar.
Maybe one of you know of a custom project of some sort for this?
I used taskbar toolbars to get direct access to my download folder (and others, like drive). It was very handy because I didn't have to open the windows explorer to drag, copy, move, delete files from those locations.
I want to have quick access to folders and its files without opening the explorer. Maybe an app or a workaround. Is it possible?
PD: I can't depend on Windows-10-taskbar tweak because it'll be removed in the future, unfortunately.
I just got a new machine running Win 11, and the included apps won’t open—Media Player, Calculator, Photos, etc.
Suggestions on what to do?
Do I need to reinstall Windows?
Hey all, sorry if this is the wrong subreddit for this! I'm using the latest version of Windows (November 14, 2023 non-preview build) and noticed for the past week my PC sometimes hangs when attempting to sleep or shut down.
For sleep: The PC will show a black screen and will simply be stuck with everything else running (fans, mouse, lights, etc).
For shut down: The PC will simply show the "shutting down" screen and will again be stuck with everything else running (same as above).
Does anyone have similar issues recently? I got a USB hub attached recently when this started, but don't leave anything connected when sleeping or shutting down the PC. Event logs also don't show anything and even when logging off first before shut down it still just randomly hangs. This also seems to occur when I exit Steam and try to sleep or shut down the PC within 5 minutes, but I don't have proof of this and simply cannot locate what could be causing it to be stuck...
Thanks in advance!
This has been bothering me for a while now and I really wanna do something about it. My widget icon changed to a weather icon a while back, but i just dont like it like that. does anyone have any ideas, registry edits, or something i can do to change it? Any help would be much appreciated.
Everytime i load a game into borderless windowed mode (i need that to be on for specific reasons btw) the taskbar shows up when my mouse reaches the bottom of the screen.
the taskbar is set to auto-hide, but when being inside a game, i dont want the taskbar to pop-up. is there anything i can do to prevent this?
Anyone know how to fix this and whats the reason behind it?
I got windows 11 about a year ago now and enjoyed everything but the UI at times which is a mixed bag for me. I used startallback but it wasn’t worth the hype for me and wanted to see how this one held up. Mainly I want to hear opinions about Start11V2 I heard some like it but some don’t cause of the fact you had to repurchase to update is it true? Was it worth the money you paid?
ive been using windows 11 mspaint lately on other pcs and i really like the layers and transparency thing they added but i dont wanna upgrade my pc to win 11, im wondering if theres anywhere i can download the windows 11 version of mspaint similar to how you can download old or classic versions of mspaint online
(i tried posting this to r/windows10 but it got removed fro "not being related to windows 10" which is maybe true but i want windows 11 mspaint on my win10 machine and hopefully without overriding the original mspaint program on my pc)
The subreddit for this particular phone appears to gone private so I thought I'd share this here. This is Windows 11 ARM running natively (dual-booted) on an LG G8X android phone. By leveraging Windows ARM support for the Snapdragon SOC, an amazing group of people have put together something called the Renegade Project. They have a support matrix of phones and a helpful community of people if you have issues. I just completed the installation yesterday evening and I'm impressed with the performance! A few things here and there tend to be buggy, but overall nothing serious.
P.S. Unsure if this could be considered "advertising of 3rd party software" but it is simply a process to get this operating system up and running on non first-party devices and I am not affiliated with anyone on the development team.
Hi question in title basically. working on deving an old compute stick/possibly swapping out for another chip board, and wondering if i could run it with the functions of a phone through windows, and not some kind of dual boot setup?
More of a home experiment and less of just an actual want for a functional tool.
Hello all, it seems I have the opposite issue of a lot of people online. Whenever I search it up, I see people asking how to set different pictures on each monitor for a wallpaper slideshow. I am trying to do the opposite. When I select slideshow on the windows background setting and put in the folder with the pictures, it automatically cycles through different images on each monitor. I would like for the slideshow to show the same picture on each monitor but still cycle through all the images in the folder. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
As the title says. My xbox game bar (now dubbed game bar) automatically disables the option "Allow your conroller to open Game Bar" after I push the xbox button of the controller. I used to be able to push the button to open and close the game bar as well. Now it just auto disables. This started happening after I got an xbox elite series two controller.
I have also already tried the registry key troubleshooting option and repairing/resetting the game bar app and restarted PC. No option appeared to work.
The main reason why I use the game bar is purely to see what my xbox controllers percentage is at so I know if its close to dying mid game. If you know any alternatives to quickly check controller battery life, let me know.
Has anyone else had the problem when playing games in full screen and your taskbar pops up when not clicking anything on the keyboard?
Not sure if this is a windows 11 bug but it happens randomly and I have to click the windows key multiple times before it allowing me to go fullscreen back to playing games.
I know there ate number of benefits of windows 11 and was wondering what settings I use in Nvidia Control Panel to take advantage of gsync/vsync with my freesync monitor. I have Gsync enabled and vsync on, but i was told that with Windows 11 it should be set to let 3d application control and have vsync off in game. Low Latency Mode is also on but set to ULTRA from a friend's recommendation.
Is this correct?
If not what settings do I all turn on or off?
I have PNY 3060 8gb gpu and mostly play Apex Legends atm.
Trying to get the best results with my setup.
My monitor is an Acer XV282k 144hz freesync monitor.
Thanks for any feedback.
I took my laptop out of windows 11 S to Windows 11 Home and now my CPU is running at 100%. Is there any way to reduce the CPU usage?
Looking to play a game with my wife and the game is much better with headphones. I have a Corsair gaming headset, and we have a headset that can be plugged into Aux.
If it makes a difference, we could do two bluetooth headphones, but one of the pairs would be Apple Airpods, and I haven't had much luck connecting those. If anyone has a tip to get those to work (assuming two bluetooth outputs are allowed), we'd prefer that!
Hello everyone, Do you know How can I make two separate profiles on my pc? I want them independent from each other example. I want to setup the steam to one of them and I don't want to see the steam with other one.
Basically my idea is I want to have 2 profile one is for gaming all of my gaming stuff going to be there other one is for work stuff.
Hello I’m thinking of how to personalize win 11 for gaming. An example is steam os. That is great for a controlled and easy to get to things. I know there is big picture more on steam but can you make that something that launched right away? Also love how you can customize the music, the pictures on steam os, add how long to beat to a game, all of that. Just not sure how to do all of this on windows 11 or if you can. Would also love to have a start up video like steam os, without having a passcode. I’m not the best with PCs but I can follow videos pretty well. Just wondering what I can do on Windows 11.