Welcome to the largest community for Microsoft Windows 10, the world's most popular computer operating system!
1. Keep the discussion related to Windows 10 Posts completely unrelated to Windows 10 will be removed. Just because something is compatible with Windows, doesn't mean this is the subreddit for it. Derailing conversations and threads is not allowed.
2. Flair posts correctly We are not extremely strict with what flair you pick, but if it's very wrong we will change it. If we select another flair, don't put the original one back. Not sure what flair to use? Read this list to help you decide.
3. Do not distribute malicious programs Do not purposely distribute viruses or other harmful programs or apps. Advising the use of pirated software (including piracy, activation tools, and bypasses to enable paid features) is prohibited. This also includes "grey market" and other activation keys from unauthorized resellers.
4. Do not post Blogspam links or URL shorteners Blogspam, URL shorteners, mobile links, and referral and affiliate links are not allowed. Post the full desktop link for articles and news.
5. Be civil and do not troll others Personal attacks, bigotry, fighting words, inappropriate behavior and comments that insult or demean a specific user or group of users are not allowed. Posts or comments containing or seeking any identifying personal information are also prohibited. Do not engage in blatant trolling or flaming.
6. Do not advertise a 3rd party software without permission If you want to promote an app or website, you must send us a modmail to request permission. Include as much relevant information as you can in both the modmail and the post. This is not a marketplace subreddit, selling anything is prohibited.
7. Do not promote pirated content or grey market keys Do not post pirated content or promote it in any way. Encouraging or hinting at the use of sellers of grey market keys is not allowed.
8. Titles must be relevant to the post Irrelevant, sensationalized, or vague titles that have the pure intent of misleading or dramatizing a topic are not allowed. The relevancy of submissions' titles will be judged at the moderator's discretion.
9. Do not submit reposts, low-effort posts or rants Reposts are not allowed. All posts and answers that can easily be found by searching this subreddit or by using a search engine will be removed at the moderators' discretion. Although we encourage healthy discussions, rants and low-effort posts that do not contribute positively to the subreddit are not allowed.
10. Only post memes and tech support posts on Mondays Memes and tech support posts are only allowed on Mondays (UTC timezone) and they will be removed any other day of the week. Not Monday yet? Read this list to find more appropriate subreddits for your post.
Need help with a post? Have a question about a removal? Let us know!
Is there anything available that can replace the default windows manager / explorer with something like Hyprland with the top bar, dynamic windows and the animations? I've tried stuff like komorebi, glazeWM and powertoys but its not giving me the experience I want. Am I asking for too much?
Sometimes Windows has this effect that if I hover the mouse over an item on the taskbar it remains selected so I don't have the mouse over this item, it's just something visual, it's happened to me on other computers, why does this happen? Can it be solved without restarting the computer?
I'm just trying to put a photo in the center of an open field surrounded by text boxes connected to the relative points in the photo with arrows. The annotations describe points on a screenshot of a touchscreen and provide instructions for advancing through the menus on that screen. For that reason I cannot put the text boxes on the image or they would confuse the viewer.
This is ultra simple. And for that reason I'm finding all the paid options far too complex. I don't need a learning curve. Just text boxes outside of the image that point to items within the image using arrowed lines. I've tried Windows Paint and Paint 3d and both are ASTONISHINGLY unintuitive for performing this extremely simple task.
Any advice? Thank you very much.
How can I get same mouse sensitivity like MacBook Pro on my windows machine?
Hi , wanted to know that if i reset my pc would it delete my virtual disk
( i created the virtual disk by using some gigas on my main disk where it is installed windows )
its very surprising Microsoft still hasn't implemented undo for cut then paste. if anybody knows how to implement this feature let me know,
i just got done accidentally pasting a bunch of files into thw wrong folder and they got mixed and i had to fix it 1 file at a time which was a pain in the ass. how Microsoft managed to not think of this, is just nuts, it should have been implemented back in windows xp
As somebody that is easily distracted by other software/notifications on my computer, this has been an absolute lifesaver! I usually turn off all of the extra stuff on my taskbar (Cortana bar, people, task view, etc.) but after accidentally swiping with three fingers on my trackpad, I discovered the ability to add a new desktop, and it has been extremely helpful!
Curious, has anybody else had a cool feature like this that they discovered after years of using Windows 10?
Never seen this folder before and from what I see on Google it allows you to change windows to test application stuff. I don't need this and I feel like it might compromise Microsoft antivirus.
Can it be used in a malicious way? Can I delete it?
Edit: Program files x86 folder*
I absolutely despise auto-updates and want ABSOLUTE control over my PC and not the other way around. Unless I tell my PC to update I do not want it to.
Is there any easy to follow guide here or anywhere else to be able to do this that actually works?
Thank you to anyone who gives answers!
Given that from January 1st, Steam will cease support for Windows 7, I'll have to install Windows 10. Is Windows 10 Defender and the built-in firewall sufficient, or should I install third-party antivirus software? There's no definitive answer on the internet. Some say that M is a powerful corporation capable of creating software that can protect its system, while others claim that the built-in Defender is only suitable for surface-level protection, and for more advanced security, third-party software is necessary.
im trying to install windows 10 on my laptop whit windows 11, (because you can have 2 operating systems on the same pc), but when i open windows 10, It doesn't connect to the internet and I can't install the drivers
windows 10 22h2
made a mistake and forgot to add space wilhe renaming, now i have a lot of files without any space between words
any way to fix this?
already tried free commander, better file rename and bulk rename
u can resize every tiles(make it easier to recognize program icons than win 7 one), make start go fullscreen or just a flyout(more flexible compared on win 8, 8.1 one). And of course better than win 11 lol.
I re-register the start menu, I tried sfc /scannow and dism repairs, I reinstalled windows, none of this is solving the issues.
I am going to buy a new laptop this month but all the ones I've been looking at have windows 11. I hate windows 11, it seems like it has issues. Is there a way I can keep my windows 10 license and transfer it to the new laptop or even downgrade 11 to 10 on the new laptop? I'm not sure if during setup it will automatically install windows 11.
My Dell XPS 8900 is now 8-years-old and quite serviceable, but eventually, I'm going to want the latest, greatest and fastest I can afford. But I really don't want to have to start over from scratch. By going into the BIOS setup of the new machine, is it possible to simply use my current Windows 10 boot drive (NVME M.2) in a newer machine and actually have it work?
So I had a Genesis Rhod 500 RGB keyboard which had a software that controls it. The app doesn't load the UI unless that specific keyboard is connected. I sent back the keyboard cause it had problems but now I wanna export my custom settings or something, main goal is to open the app.
So is there any option to create a USB devices that is like that keyboard so the app would start?
I've been putting together a new PC over the past few days, and now comes the topic of the operating system. At the moment I'm still running on my old Windows 10.. should I switch to Windows 11, or even Maybe take one of the various modified Windows versions?
What do you have or would you recommend?
I accidentally deleted the Windows 10 partition but I still have the data partition with all my files. I have a live USB ready but im wondering if I can reinstall Win10 and still have my files intact. Thank you
Yes I know this is dumb question. I accidentally minimised cmd while enter bypassnro command and then opened multiped new cmd window by pressing shift+f10 to run command. Will it cause any problem to the windows installer?
Can you switch in and out of windows S mode.
I want to reinstall windows but when I chose not to keep anything it left the unwanted files. That's why I want to format it before reinstalling. Will formatting hurt any of my pc's parts and will it keep the motherboards bios version? I only have one ssd in my pc.
I followed a YouTuber and he helped me remove the GameBar from Existence only this shell of program left behind.
Anyone know how to remove or disable it permanently?
How to you disable a Microsoft account login on windows 10? because I had to wait for my salary to pay the Internet bill and in those 3 days, I can't even open up my Computer for my files because it require Internet for me to even Login.
So I want to know is HOW DO I DISABLE IT?!
Ive tried everything. Oh yeah i only really need movie maker 2012 so yeah.
are there any apps on windows 10 that i can use to make planner stickers?