Pictures, videos, questions, and articles featuring/about cats.
Everything about cats.
Join our Discord server!
Filters For Specific Content
Rules & Guidelines
1. Your submission must be about cats! We welcome pictures, discussions, questions/advice.
2. We prefer that if you post photos, it be of your own cat(s) or one(s) you personally know. If clearly stated, photos of cat(s) you don't know is allowed, within reason. Lying and claiming/posting someone else's cat is/as your own will result in an immediate ban, with no warnings given.
3. No NSFW content and no animal abuse/cruelty.
4. No titles asking for upvotes (e.g. "This cat didn't get any love in /r/aww", "it's my cake day", "my first post here", "any love for ...").
5. Absolutely no fundraisings, crowdfundings, competitions, or advertisements allowed. This includes any links asking for donations or competition votes. (see the list of subreddits below for a possible alternative).
6. Don't be insulting, harassing, or creepy. Be civil. We have a strong, bright-line policy against insults, namecalling or harassment, and will ban you without notice for such conduct. If a photo has a person in it along with a cat, don't even think of being creepy or rude to that person. This includes any comments on people's appearance, either positive or negative!
7. Do not post personal information (this includes Facebook links as it can be easily traced back).
8. No meme, image macro, low-effort content. Original content is preferred. No image macros, memes, or similar low-effort content. You might want to check out r/MEOW_IRL and r/Catmemes for that.
9. Recent/Egregious reposts : Repost of recent or currently popular post from another subreddit for the purpose of farming karma.
10. Reposts are allowed (and crossposts are too, don't confuse them!), within reason.
11. No posts asking what gender your cat is, ask a vet!
12. 'Name my cat/kitten' posts are allowed, but require the correct flair + verification to ensure OC. You must set the flair of your post to 'Name Request' at the time of submission, failing to do so is in breach of this rule. Please submit your post before sending us a modmail - your submission will trigger an automated message which will contain the instructions required for your post to be approved. Your verification message will be left unanswered if you send us a modmail before you have submitted your post for us to review.
The moderators of this subreddit are not responsible for any medical advice given and we suggest that you don't follow or post it. Go see a vet! Please do not give medical advice to posters if you are not a medical professional with experience treating cats.
Some of these rules are based upon Reddit's site-wide rules, Reddit's TOS and Reddiquette.
For donations and adoptions visit /r/care, /r/assistance, /r/rescuecats or your local subreddits, i.e. r/city or state.
Cat Subreddit Lists
Animal Subreddit Wiki | Cat Related Subreddits
Participating in covid disinformation subreddits is grounds to be denied access to this community. In our experience people who frequent these types of subreddits do not participate in good faith and are not a good fit for the type of atmosphere we wish to foster on this subreddit.
My Meigs is a little weirdo
This sub along with other animals subs are full of people who think they're know it alls.Go outside with your cats and touch some grass.
So I posted about this feral kitten whose littermates & mom got killed by a hawk at my grandfather's farm yesterday, well he's EXTREMELY food aggressive (probably due to the first 6 weeks or so of his life there being little to no food most of those days)
Redoing my sons room and Maxwell found a new perch.
Learned today that my cat is afraid of thunder. Any suggestions I can do for her? Cat tax added
Just a cute video of Cashew cat
snowball (big kitty) is still pretty pissed about her new little brother, she didn't hiss when little nugget snuggled up, though! making progress!
I've got a pair of pidgeons who've decided to chill on our deck railing for the past few days. I keep shooing them away (I don't want them to get comfortable there) but Kitty has been glued to the patio door, and I'd hate to rob her of her entertainment.
My cat used to be able to turn on the faucet and loved drinking out of it (no matter how much we tried to stop it).
I think we would love a fountain in our new house but he likes to drop kibble in his water bowl. He does this no matter how far away we place the bowl from the food bowl.
Recommendations for a fountain that won’t get clogged up or gross if food is dropped in or ones who may stop that habit?
And then if I rub her tummy, she starts play-biting and play-scratching.