Do you not like the name given to you by your parents? Are you struggling to find a name that more appropriately reflects your personality, appearance, life-style or interests?
Upload a picture/album of yourself along with description of who you are and what your all about and see what names our community can come up for you!
Responders are encouraged to draw from any source of creativity, cultural reference or inspiration when making suggestions.
A community since 9/10/16
created 2 years ago, but open since 9/10/16
Do you not like your given name? Are you struggling to find a name that more appropriately reflects your personality, appearance, life-style or interests?
Upload a picture/album of yourself along with a description of who you are and what your all about and see what names our community can come up for you!
Responders are encouraged to draw from any source of creativity, cultural reference or inspiration when making suggestions!
Please observe kindness, respect and civility when making suggestions. Any form of mockery and/or ridicule will result in comment deletions and/or bans.
Requestors/community members are encouraged to report any violations of these rules. Requestor's especially.
1) Requesters must upload at least one picture of themselves that has their face partially or completely exposed. Requestors may also upload any number of additional photos of their choosing.
Suggestions for additional photos are those that reveal more about the personality, life-style and/or interests of the requestor. For example: interior of living space, life events, objects or locations of personal sentiment, art-work, friends or family members, etc.
2) Serious Only Tags - please utilize this tag by clicking the 'flair' button after you post if you are looking for serious responses only. Posts tagged as serious must be accompanied by an explanation in the comment section of why you are seeking a name change, i.e. personal rebranding for career purposes, legal name change, identity protection, etc.
Even if you just want a new name to introduce yourself by to other people, the 'Serious Replies Only' tag along with your explanation let's the community know that you are looking for thoughtful responses that align with your personal goals.
2) Requestors who wish to include a verbal description of themselves must do so in the comment section. How you wish to do so is entirely up to you. If you have any additional requests please include it in the comment section as well.
3) All images must be uploaded through Imgur or RedditUploads.
1) Direct replies to the Requestor's submission can either be name suggestions or inquiries to the requestor, NOTHING ELSE. Name suggestions can include additional detail so long as the suggested name is somewhere in the response. All discussion must fall beneath name suggestions or inquiries and nowhere else.
2) Please observe kindness, respect and civility when making suggestions. Any form of mockery and/or ridicule will result in comment deletions and/or bans. Requestors/community members are encouraged to report any violations of these rules. Requestor's especially.
3) Inquiries are to be used when responders would like more information from the Requestor about themselves or the kind of name they would like.
1) Text-Posts are only to be used for meta-discussions pertaining to this subreddit as a whole, i.e. ideas and suggestions for the subreddit.
My first name is Aiya (like M-[aya] or K-[aia]) and I don't feel comfortable going by this name in public cause of mispronounciations, misspellings, and I don't like how extremely uncommon it is and how it's basically just made up of vowels.
I'm not sure if I should or shouldn't change my name legally on passports, etc but I might and I mainly want it to appear different on my resume, interviews in that outlook. I also just want to go by a different name when entering university/workplace, meeting people etc.
Here are my options:
I have considered double names. Like lily rose or mary anne. So for Aiya I considered...Aiya Sophia, Aiya Grace, Aiya Violet.
OR setting up my name as a middle name and choosing a new fitting first name
I also am considering of slightly modifying my name so Aiya to...Maya/Maia
Or modifying/going by a similar name. Aiya to Ava/Eva, Eve, or Alex
I also am considering just going by a totally different name and I'm still indecisive on settling on a name.
Some background info about me: Born in January, Capricorn, F
I would appreciate it if people can suggest me a plan, names, a name, or any help would be highly appreciated.
Im looking for name ideas for my image as an artist/producer. My name is Victor Ricardo for a hint. Most people already have the names Ive thought of. I would appreciate new ideas from others.
I have a classic name with a more unique spelling. I'm nerdy, artsy and romantic. What do you guys think?
19F, actress who's changing my name.
I need help choosing a name! I find myself leaning towards unisex names, but I'm open to whatever you guys suggest.
Feel free to suggest your own options! But the name list I've made so far is this. I'm fully aware that some of them are "too" male.
Lou / Louie
Feel free to suggest any last names as well!