A subreddit for people who love and create wire wrapped goodies, jewelry and whatnot. A friendly place to post your questions, comments, pictures, and tutorials.
1) Please be kind to your fellow artists/admirers. If someone asks for criticism, please keep it constructive and kind. We're here to share, not get torn apart!
2) Tutorials are a big help to the community and posting them is highly encouraged.
3) There are no stupid questions. Ask away.
4) Please do not link directly to stores in the title/subject. You may link to stores in the comments, preferably your own. Keep phrases like "for sale, available, etsy" and other site names out of the titles.
5) Please keep photos free of distorting filters and text except a watermark. We're here to see the handcrafted artwork. :)
6) Have fun in here! Don't disparage your fellow redditors!
7) Please keep sales, trades, raffles and the like out of these posts! Thanks all!! There is a whole subreddit dedicated to selling and buying wire wrapped goods! :)
Resources (please share with me resources so I can put them here!) :)
Tutoirals for all!
YouTube Channel for Yvonne Williams. It's not all tutorials in wire weaving, but there's a bunch there.
Still's Tutorial page,
My playlist for Peruvian thread wrapped stuff,
Custom dog Tag style hybrid piece featuring a Shigar Valley Aquamarine, Tanzanite, Australian Sapphire x2, Sri Lankan Sapphire x3 and an Aquamarine facet to boot!
Gem bone, Ametrine, Fire Agate, Tourmaline, Opals and copper.
A marvelous fall pendant made using a gold flash Labradorite stone wrapped with lovely curves & twirls in antiqued Copper wire & accented with mini faceted green Sunstone beads to form a delightful pumpkin design!
Oxidized copper wrap with faceted emerald & jade rondelles and smooth green turquoise rondelles & teardrops.
Have you ever repaired a broken mineral with wirewrapping?
I'm still learning wire wrapping/weaving and I just now feel ready to buy more serious non plated wires. I just dont want to buy in large increments until I feel more comfortable with the material, hence why I'm can't buy with Rio Grande just yet.
Copper with rainbow obsidian, amethyst and star garnet beads! ✨🤎✨
A requested design