Welcome to /r/Pulp, your destination for lurid, sensational, or otherwise shallow fiction of questionable quality.
CREDIT THE AUTHOR/ARTIST
Credit where credit is due.
PULP IS THE GOAL
Please post shallow content. We're here to have fun, not create some highfalutin society.
I'm guessing it didn't have a long run, or the name of the magazine was changed at times. I see a "True Crime" with similar font but not quite the same. I also see there was a book "girl on parole" but it appears potentially unrelated.
"Spawn of Dagon" by Henry Kuttnern was the first pulp fiction story I ever read and I fell in love with the medium!
Spoiler: they aren't actually skeletons, just creatures with no body fat and parchment-like skin stretched tight against the bones.
Judex is a new take on a classic pulp hero in this standard-sized, saddle stitched comic book with 30 pages of black & white interior art by Fabrizio Ugolini and a story by Michael Oden with script by Michael Oden and Aaron Neff. Fans of The Shadow, The Phantom, and V for Vendetta will adore this book!
Hey. I'm trying to find a book that I half remember reading and owning in my mid teens sometime in the 80's. I don't know the titel or the author, but I do remember a few details! :) Wanna try to help me figure this one out?
- It's a cheap paperback, pulp style novel from the 80's or late 70's
- It's set in Britain
- It's a time travel story about a modern day man somehow ending up in Roman/medieval times and getting mixed up in some kind of rebellion or war involving Celts or druids?
- And hooking up with a hot young female leader/queen who MAY OCH MAY NOT have been Boudicca. :)
- I kind of have a feeling that Hardian's wall might figure kind of prominently in the story, but I'm not sure.
- It was pretty lurid with (as I remember it) a lot of sex scenes. :)
- Not a thick book - maybe 200 pages long, maybe less.
- The edition I owned had a pretty boring photo cover of, I think, a landscape of green hills. Possibly with something else in the extreme foreground? Maybe even a Boudicca's toned ass.