A One-Stop-Shop for Evidence of our Social, Moral and Ideological Rot.
Philosophy author and Youtube content-creator Jonas Čeika has done an AMA on LSC. See the announcement for details.
Help us keep this subreddit alive and improve its content by reporting posts that violate our rules and guidelines.
Check out r/WhereAreTheChildren
News, discussion, memes, and links criticizing capitalism and advancing viewpoints that challenge the narratives which act as legitimations for the status quo of modern class society. Posts need not be about capitalism specifically, whether late-stage or otherwise; we simply aim to cater to a socialist audience.
We do allow links to threads and comments on Reddit, as long as they are relevant to the content guidelines and follow the rules. Use NP links, or your post will be deleted.
This subreddit has its roots in broad-based anti-capitalist thought, with an emphasis on Marxist concepts and analysis and a commitment to antiracism and inclusive feminism.
When it comes to proposed alternatives to Capitalism, it is the general consensus of this subreddit that class-divisions and alienated labour must be abolished; production must be collectively organized by the laborers themselves for the direct benefit of all. We call this socialism.
Find out more here: The Principles of Communism
1. Reddit-wide rules apply. Behavior such as brigading and harassment won't be permitted. Neither will posts that can be interpreted as explicit threats of/calls for violence.
2. Any post that makes a claim must have a RELIABLE source or explanation in the comments by OP: All claims, news articles, tweets and so forth that are an example of LSC MUST be substantiated with a reliable, factual and verifiable source. Any posts that break this rule will have their poster temporarily banned. See here for more information: https://www.reddit.com/r/LateStageCapitalism/comments/tqc5ws/low_effort_content_all_posts_claims_news_articles/
3. Do not post "positive" content from Dan Price, other CEOs/business owners or ANY liberal politician or official in any country, past or present: This means don't make posts in support of the person in question.
4. No trolling. "I was just trolling" won't be accepted as a defense for breaking rules, and we will ban for intentionally disruptive behavior or attacks on our sub, users, or philosophy.
5. No capitalist apologia or anti-socialism. This subreddit is intended for a socialist audience, and while questions are allowed, pushing your own counter-narrative here is not. We do not allow support here for capitalism or for the parties or ideologies that uphold it. We are not a liberal or (U.S.-/Social-) Democrat subreddit; we are a socialist subreddit.
6. No imperialism or reactionism. This includes not just ideologies to the right of liberalism but also right-wing fixations such as national/ethnic/cultural chauvinism and military/police worship regardless of the underlying ideology.
7. No bigotry. No racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, or classism. The respect for readers who are subject to these forms of bigotry takes priority in this subreddit over your right to speak freely.
8. Be nice to each other. Be respectful towards other socialists you disagree with, but also non-socialists who follow the rules and participate in good faith. Feel free to dunk on trolls, bigots and bootlickers to your heart’s content.
9. Bans are at moderator discretion. We reserve the right to eject users (as well as remove, lock, or otherwise moderate any content on the subreddit) for reasons not listed if we consider it necessary to do so.
10. Don’t bother sending us personal promotion requests. We are not an advertising platform for your blog or Youtube channel.
11. Do not post NSFL Content; it will be removed.
12. This is not a debate subreddit. Constructive questions and discussion are welcome, but our basic philosophy is non-negotiable and we aren’t interested in repeatedly having to explain or justify it. We also won’t debate about so-called “socialist” countries. There are plenty of political debate subreddits, so take your gotchas there. If you actually want to learn more about the basics of socialism, you can check out the links in the sidebar or the material in our wiki.
13. Make an effort. Please refer to our posting guidelines for our standards of content-quality and which kinds of posts are unsuitable for this subreddit.
|Jonas Čeika - CCK Philosophy||Author, Philosophy Youtuber||Concluded|
Seen tonight on my Instagram feed… just wow. 🤣
I’m sure they’re all going to be exciting. I’ll put mine in the comments. Bonus points if it has something to do with the holidays.
Dancing away my hunger pains.
Ive been thinking about this a lot lately. My economic life is in shambles, and anyone can say is “work hard” or “you are lazy.” Nobody wants to actually blame those at the top for all the wealth inequality in America.
So how many more people have to die and suffer under capitalism until there is a revolt?
The events of the past 6 weeks have exposed the sheer double standards that apply to the implementation of international law. The so-called liberal international order has been found to be nothing short of hypocritical. Gaza has exposed not only this duplicity but also the very ideas that undergird such a system. Today, we explore these ideas. Many surmise that the West has taken a wrong turn, and if only they return back to their original noble enlightenment values. Yet Gaza unveils a more unsettling truth. That the values of secular liberalism have always remained connected to European chauvinism. Their unbridled support for a settler colonial project and the ease with which they absorb genocide reveals the unsettling nature of liberalism. This is the argument of my guest today, Hasan Spiker.
Hasan Spiker is a philosopher and comparative scholar of Islamic, Greek, and modern thought he studied at the University of Cambridge, where he received his MPhil in philosophy and where is carrying out his doctoral research. He also studied the Islamic sciences. His new book, Hierarchy and Freedom: An Examination of Some Classical Metaphysical and Post-Enlightenment Accounts of Human Autonomy, was released this year.
Literally the CEO of the 12th largest oil company in the world is not only President of the UN Climate Conference (Cop28) but is openly denying climate science, to nobody's surprise.